Autumn is a crucial season for wildlife to prepare for the harsh winter. This tour explores the active wildlife of autumn; little critters such as red squirrels that store acorns and chestnuts; Ezo sika deer in the height of their mating; and brown bears on the hunt for salmon and trout in the river. This tour is mainly vehicle-based, and so guests of any fitness level can join.
From September 1 to November 30, 2020.
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (-2h)
Adults (13 years or older) – 3,100 JPY
Children (4 to 12 years old) – 2,600 JPY
*We only accept cash payment at the start of the tour.
If you are staying at any of the Kitakobushi group hotels, you can pay at the check-out.
4 years or older.
We will pick you up at the lobby of your accommodation (Utoro area only).
If you are staying outside Utoro area or day tripping to Utoro, we can also pick you up at the Road Station Utoro Shirietoku.
Pick up time
We will pick you up about 20 minutes before the tour starts at your accommodation or the road station Utoro Shirietoku. We may not be able to make the agreed pick-up time due to other guests’ situations.
Please book by 2 hours before the tour starts via the link below (24/7 reception).
Or you can book on phone call (Operation hour: 9 am to 6 pm).
*Please leave a message when we are not available due to tour operation so that we can contact you later.
Thin fabric long sleeves and warm outer (windproof jacket)
＜October to November＞
Thick fabric long sleeves and warm outer (down jacket)
It is recommended to wear long trousers to prevent minor injuries.
No heels are allowed.
- Please note that encounters with wildlife are not 100% guaranteed.
- Please come to the agreed place on time. If you are late on the day, we might cancel you so that the other guests can go on tour.
- Depending on natural conditions, the end time may vary slightly. Please join our tours with time to spare.
- The tour will be conducted in case of light rain. Please prepare rain wear. If the tour is cancelled due to sever weather, we will let you know 1 hour before the supposed starting time.
- There is no restroom available in the field. Please keep this in mind before starting the tour.
- Cancellation is free up to 2 days before the tour. After 2 days a cancellation fee of 20 % of the tour cost will be charged if you cancel 2 days before the tour, 50 % if you cancel the day before and the full tour cost if you cancel on the day of the tour.