This tour is one of our most popular tours, and there is a high probability of encountering wildlife.
You will walk on animal tracks through the primeval forest area, which is difficult by yourself, and be guided to one of the hidden waterfalls, “Tears of Man”. You will see the stunning cliff and waterfall which drops more than 100 meters as well as the spectacular views of the Sea of Okhotsk.
We can make the tour private for one group only…for your family, a group of close friends or your partner.
From April 1 to November 30, 2020.
Morning: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm (-3.5h)
Afternoon: 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm (-3.5h) (April 1 to September 24)
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm (-3.5h) (After September 24)
Adults (13 years older) – 5,100 JPY
Children (6 to 12 years old) – 2,600 JPY
*You can add a reserved tour option ("One Group Private Guide Option") with an extra cost.
1-4 people : + 5,000 JPY
5-8 people : + 0 JPY
Please select the private option if you would like to on the booking page.
*We only accept cash payment at the start of the tour.
If you are staying at any of the Kitakobushi group hotels, you can pay at the check-out and by credit card.
6 years or older.
We will pick you up at the lobby of your accommodation (Utoro area only).
If you are staying outside Utoro area or day tripping to Utoro, we can also pick you up at the Road Station Utoro Shirietoku.
Also you can meet us at the Shiretoko Nature Center if it is convenient for you.
Pick up time
We will pick you up about 20 minutes before the tour starts at your accommodation or the road station Utoro Shirietoku. We may not be able to make the agreed pick-up time due to other guests’ situations.
*If you would like to add the One Group Private Guide Option, please select "Yes" on the booking page above.
Or you can book on phone call (Operation hour: 9 am to 6 pm).
*Please leave a message when we are not available due to tour operation so that we can contact you later.
＜April to September＞
Cap or hat
＜October to November＞
＜April to May＞
Long sleeve shirts and warm outer (fleece jacket or windproof jacket)
＜June to September＞
Thin fabric long sleeves
(Long sleeve shirts are recommended against ticks and bug bites.)
＜October to November>
Thick fabric long sleeves and warm outer (fleece jacket, sweater or down jacket).
Long trousers must be worn to prevent minor injuries and tick bites.
Skirts are not allowed.
Either of sport shoes, trekking shoes, or rubber boots
No heels are allowed.
Rain wear (Free rental available, see below), bottle of water/tea, towel and small backpack.
Free rental items
■Rain wear (jackets and trousers) Men's :M/L/XL, Women's: S/M/L
■Rubber boots (23-30 CM)
*These items are available on a first come, first serve basis. You can reserve items in advance if necessary.
- Please note that encounters with wildlife are not 100% guaranteed.
- Please come to the agreed place on time. If you are late on the day, we might cancel you so that the other guests can go on tour.
- Depending on natural conditions, the end time may vary slightly. Please join our tours with time to spare.
- The tour will be conducted in case of light rain. Please prepare rain wear. If the tour is cancelled due to sever weather, we will let you know 1 hour before the supposed starting time.
- There is no restroom available in the field. Please keep this in mind before starting the tour.
- Cancellation is free up to 2 days before the tour. After 2 days a cancellation fee of 20 % of the tour cost will be charged if you cancel 2 days before the tour, 50 % if you cancel the day before and the full tour cost if you cancel on the day of the tour.